help me ID these pretty ladies!

brasssmunkye

Hatching
May 20, 2016
okay, so a few weeks ago, my girlfriend bought "2 silkies, 2 sebrights, and 2 frizzles" to start our little bantam flock, we quickly realized, the "frizzles" were something else, and we haven't been able to figure out what they are yet. both chicks had different coloring than the rest of the "frizzles" in there, which is why those got chosen.

they are the darker (but not the silver sebrights of course) birds in these pictures, the ones that are "red"

http://imgur.com/a/wmbgj

we love them to death, and they are adorable, but we're really curious as to what breed they are, we thought maybe belgian d'uccle, but we're not thinking that so much anymore

thank you for your help!

They could be cochins. They do have the feathered feet?
ooh!

their feet are VERY feathered, i wonder if that's what they are, going to look at more cochin pictures right now :D

EDIT:

i looked at a bunch of cochin pictures, and i'm now very certain they are cochins, thank you so much for your help! i can't believe i didn't think to look at cochins haha

red bantam cochins wooo!

Last edited:
we have absolutely been loving them since we got them, one in particular is a huge sweet heart, the other one doesn't like to be handled as much, but she's still very docile compared to many of our chicks

Back
Top Bottom