Chicken eye swelling!!!! Have pics!!!

MatskevichFarm

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2016
Hello,

I noticed a few days ago one of my hens have this swollen eye. First I thought one of the bees got her, but has been three days and the swelling doesn't seem to be going away! Otherwise she seems fine, she is eating, pecking and running around. She doesn't lay eggs yet, my chickens are only 11 weeks old...
Any thoughts?!? Please help first time that we had chickens and don't want to lose want of them.

The second picture is the other eye that seems fine.

It could be from a peck, a sting, or insect bite, especially if you see a mark around the eye. Some respiratory diseases such as mycoplasma or coryza can cause swelling around the eyes or face from sinus infection or conjunctivitis. If you notice any sneezing, wheezing, gasping, nasal drainage, or other respiratory symptoms, then you may want to seek vet care. If no other symptoms, I would watch it, and make sure there is no pus or crusty drainage from the eye.

Thank you! I have been watching here closely and nothing else seems to be happening. I haven't seem any insect bite marks but again maybe a mosquito or someyhing small got her.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom