WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY CHICKEN?

nekasneka1

Hatching
Jul 25, 2016
I recently rescued some ex-battery hens and have had them for about 4-5 months. One of them has recently gone off her food and is usually the first one out the coop to get her feed. She occasionally eats a little bit but nowhere near as much as usual. She also is very reluctant on coming out of the coop. She's not the fondest of being picked up but she's usually ok with it, now she's making clucking noises that sound's like she's pain. Is also usually really friendly and curious and now just hangs out under a tree which I can't get her out from. Im unsure on what is wrong but there is nothing tormenting them at night and nothing that could be stressing her out.

hi! welcome to BYC,
have you checked her crop at all to feel if it was too full? are you able to check her vent or maybe her keel area? keep a close eye on her for a while and if she gets any new symptoms let me know! if you find something, sending pictures helps too! is there any possibility she could be broody?

hi! welcome to BYC,
have you checked her crop at all to feel if it was too full? are you able to check her vent or maybe her keel area? keep a close eye on her for a while and if she gets any new symptoms let me know! if you find something, sending pictures helps too! is there any possibility she could be broody?
No I don't have a rooster so she shouldn't be broody.

Isolate her and observe if she is eating and pooping. I recently had my RIR go through similar symptoms... she passed away after a few weeks. It was a slow decline and there was nothing we could have done to save her.

Back
Top Bottom