New to this in Central Alabama

juliejohnson805

Songster
Aug 24, 2016
Central Alabama
Hi all! I've posted some pics getting help sexing and with breeds but somehow I missed this thread. I have 6 chickens around 15 weeks old. Bought them as Amercaunca hens but ended up with what most think are EE. I have 4 roos for sure and I still deciding on one. The person I bought from gave me 3 more hens since he sexed them wrong. These are supposedly 2 Jersey Giants and 1 English Orphington. I was able to rehome 3 of my roos. I am expecting a shipment of 21 chicks next week. So excited! As we didn't understand chicken math I am now increasing my coop and run area to accommodate my new additions.

Hoping to add more animals to my farm this next year. so we will just have to see what the Lord has in store for us. I am so thankful that I found this site as it has a lot of information and everyone appears to be very helpfu!

Greetings from Kansas, juliejohnson805, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our community! Yes, I've seen your posts in other forums - glad you stopped by this one so we could give you an official BYC welcome! Best wishes to you and your flock!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom