Hello all.

Marrrum

Chirping
7 Years
May 15, 2016
Salt Lake City, Utah
Hello,

My name is Marlom. I am new to this site and raising a backyard flock of four. I also raise rabbits. These along with my two dogs and my fiance make up our family. We are located in the Salt Lake Valley of Utah.

So far I have found this website infinitely useful. Lots of great people on here! I am gonna post a few pictures of my birds and set up so you may see what it looks like if you please. I am open to constructive

and we are always looking to improve.

Hello Marlom, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! My mom was out in SLC in September for doTERRA's global convention. She loves it out there. Anyways, just wanted to say welcome to BYC, I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have!

Hello, Marlom and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us and for sharing your pics.

Best wishes
CT

Do you have roosts for the birds, and nest boxes? I can't seem to find any in the photos. I would imagine they are getting around okay but the steep ramp may cause some to crash into the wire at the bottom. The latches are easy for predators to open. I'm guessing Utah has it's share of extreme weather - if they have to stay cooped during those times, they will feel very crowded. Crowded chickens act out by pecking, feather plucking, bullying and sometimes much worse.

I'm sorry to be so critical but, I would be remiss if I didn't bring this up.

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for joining us!

Thank you for all the warm welcomes. I appreciate all the feedback. @drumstick diva, yes there are roosts and nest boxes. I'll upload some more detailed pics. I did notice the latches were flimsy so I'll keep an eye out for better ones. Any suggestions? My girls get daily yard time. I was thinking of giving them the option of coming out during winter, if they choose not to, at least I provided the time time.

@CuzChickens, yes Utah has hosted those before.

Back
Top Bottom