Free range chickens

cow whisperer

Crowing
7 Years
Oct 24, 2016
Crewe, Virginia
I live on a small farm in upstate New York where I tend to the chickens every single day. We sell a dozen of eggs for $2.50/ dozen unless a buyer buys 10+ dozens than the price goes down to $2.00/ dozen. There is about 30-45 chickens here. We also have 4 steers whose names are Houdini, Shadow, Mouthy Buddy and Taco. Houdini and Shadow are Dexters. Mouthy Buddy is a black Angus and Taco is a White-Faced Hereford. There is an outside cat named Halloween because of her coloring and an indoor cat named Midnight for her coloring. There's never a boring day on this farm but it's in the country so it does get kind of monotonous day after day.

Greetings from Kansas, cow whisperer, and :welcome! Great to have you aboard. Like CTKen said, more and more people would love a little "monotony" like yours in their lives! :). Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

Greetings from Kansas, cow whisperer, and :welcome! Great to have you aboard. Like CTKen said, more and more people would love a little "monotony" like yours in their lives! :). Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!
I joined to be able to have conversations with other farmers or chicken raisers seeing how it gets boring here in the country not having any close neighbors to talk to and learn from.

Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I want your monotonous life! Sounds peace full to me! I hope you enjoy talking chickens with everybody here!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock! :)

Welcome to Backyard chickens - you can always post here and get other chicken folk to respond. You may want to join your state thread to see if any bycers live in your local area - maybe you could meet them face to face and have friends. Just put your state name in the search box and it will come up.

Back
Top Bottom