Hello From RI

aquafarmerri

In the Brooder
Oct 17, 2016
WAKEFIELD RI
Hi everyone! I just recently got a flock, haven't had them in 30 years. I guess it's like riding a bike...well I hope anyways. I got 25 day old chics from Murry McMurry they are 16 days old now!

Any advice would be great, as you can see I built a brooder and now need to build the coop as the weather in RI is turning quickly.

Yes, I actually have been reading everything on here for months now, I couldn't remember how to log in on the old account (new phone, so there went all my sign in and passwords) so I started a new one when I got the new chics. I was thinking that I want to harden the chics off as safely and as quickly as possible as in RI we never know what Mother Nature is going to toss at us next. One day it's 78 and the next it's 32...you know what they say if you don't like the weather wait a minute...lol!

I'm handy with tools so I was thinking to build a basic shed 7x16 for my 25 chicks, no typical insulation but have been saving water bottles and I am going to use them in the walls to prevent drafts with builders fabric to hold them up and keep the mice out...thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom