Love my chickens

HARRY47264

Chirping
Jun 16, 2016
Bismarck AR
I actually signed up in June but I am not a computer person and am having trouble navigating the site .l live in rural Arkansas on 11 acres I am retired and my chickens and gardens keep me busy they are the most relaxing way to start the day the roosters wake up the sun and the hens come running to me each morning for treat of black soldier fly larva or a little milk or some scratch grain Haven't had so many girls chase me since I was 16
I have been raising my flock for about a year I started out with a dozen Light Brahmas and the addiction grew from there I now have 11 Bielfelders (my favorite) 6 Black Jersey Giants, 8 lavender Orpingtons ,8 Crested Cream Legbars 2 Black Copper Marans , 5 Gold Laced Cochins, 6 Buff Orpingtons and I now have 22 Light Brahmas I have been hatching eggs all summer in practice to sell purebred chickens in the spring .I recently converted half of my 18X32 greenhouse into five breeding pens witch will have heat on cold nights and 14 hours of supplemental light 2 1/2 hours before sunrise and 2 1/2 after sundown . I am not trying to make a living just pay for my chicken supplies The best advice I got was protect against critters every thing out wants to eat your chickens I learned the hard way I now have an electrified fortress and haven't a problem since.

Well thanks for listening to my ramblings Good Night and be sure to VOTE tomorrow Harry

It's very nice to meet you Harry. You sure got bitten by the chicken addiction bug. You spoke the truth about predators, everything loves (to eat) chicken. The electrified fencing is great.

Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens
ya.gif

Harry I am also computer illiterate., and I've been here for several years. I find the best way to get around is to use the search box. For instance if you would like to see your state thread - put state name in search box and it will come up. You may find you have some BYCERS for neighbors. Everyone has tried to coach me for years, how to post photos and it's still Greek to me. I have to have my brother or son (both techies) do it for me.

Hello Harry and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. Please make yourself at home.

Best wishes
CT

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you have joined us.

Great Intro. Would love to see your Greenhouse conversion - if you want to post a pic - look up at the top of the editor and the rectangle to the far right - punch the left icon ( a pic, but looks like a postcard to me) will lead you to uploading:)

If you have questions on navigating and posting, just ask and likely someone can help.

And here's link that may help you learn to navigate and post...post #1

You can explore the use of the editor - and cancel if you don't like the results:)

Last edited:
Hello there, Harry, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! You've got some of my coveted breeds there! I hope you enjoy BYC as much as I have!

Back
Top Bottom