HUMIDITY!! HELP!!

Christina1071

Hatching
Feb 22, 2017
Hey guys,

I live in Oklahoma and I'm not sure what I should keep the humidity at in my incubator! I need to know the humidity level on days 1-18 and then 18-21 right before hatching! If anyone knows please don't hesitate to share! Thanks!!

Hey guys,

I live in Oklahoma and I'm not sure what I should keep the humidity at in my incubator! I need to know the humidity level on days 1-18 and then 18-21 right before hatching! If anyone knows please don't hesitate to share! Thanks!!

35% days 1 - 18

65 to 75% of the last 3 days!!

Edited to add---doesn't have to be dead on this---just a reference to go for.

OH Welcome!!

Last edited:
I keep mine at 50% and a week before hatching I candle and check the size of the air cells...if too small I lower the humidity to 40 till I see the air cells are right and then up Ito 50% again till lock down...For lock down I aim for about 63%......

Cheers!

I keep mine between 30% and 40% during incubation, and then once I see an internal pip( at around day 18-19)I up the humidity to around 70%. I keep it at that until the first few chicks hatch, and then I don't worry about it, since it always goes up to like 99% with the chicks hatching. I don't put water in the water wells, I just get a piece of sponge wet and stick it in the incubator(I have a brinsea mini eco). During incubation, if the air cells are too small, then I just take the piece of sponge out, and if they are too big, then I add more pieces of wet sponge.

Last edited:
Are you sure on 35%? That just seems too low....
hmm.png

Am I sure???? Yep. Let me introduce myself. I hatch 1000's and 1000's and 1000's----well over 6200 in just a little over a year. Plus many more before and some after. No doubt in my Mind! Plus I mainly have 99 and 100% every hatch---Being honest I did have a 95%---lowest I have had in a 2 to 3 years, but I figured out the problem and have not had that to happen since. Nice to meet You!

Edited to add, If you feel 35% is to low---go with what you feel is right-----just because 35% is what I use does not mean you have to use it! Good Luck

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom