URGENT - Chicken has insects in feather... Please reply!!

JuliaWesterbeek

Chirping
Oct 17, 2016
The Netherlands
Hi Everyone,

I have a chicken that has black little insects in his feathers and I am not sure what they are and what treatment I should give hime. I was also wondering if my dogs, and myself could get them... If so I'll need to keep the dogs away at all times! I live in a country (Singapore) which is not very chicken friendly so it doesn't have many chicken products (medicines, etc.) but if that is the only way to treat it then I will have to import it from a neighbouring country or the US.

ANY answers are appreciated!!

Thanks in Advance

That looks like chicken lice to me! I'm not seeing much for eggs on the feather shaft, so hopefully it's just the start of an infestation. I have no advice on how to treat, but hopefully this points you in the right direction.

I know but you can't buy anything for poultry here in Singapore. This was labeled for all small animals and was for sensitive skin and organic so I figured it was best. It worked and all the chickens are doing fine!

If you could happen to to get something like Fipronil 9.7 % and something like Adam's flea and tick spray, it would work. Buy the 5-22 lbs,Mix Mix 0.67ml. Fipronil with 16 oz of something like Adam's. I've bought stuff from the Chinese sites and it work great! Pour the tiny capsule into the 16 oz. spray. Shake well. Spray under wings and bunn area. Good luck. JDR

Back
Top Bottom