Thermostat Instability? 1wk left & thermometer suddently shows variations from 99.- 104

WilloughbyStead

In the Brooder
Nov 30, 2016
USA-FL
Hi everyone, I'm always asking lots of questions these days. I hope y'all don't mind. So, I have 40 babies in bator. and half are super special to me.

I'm working with a FI Circulated Bator (I don't remember Model# bought from Rural King). Anyways my bator has been pretty decent for the most part. When I got into hatching I decided I wasn't sure I'd be into it enough to DIY incubator. Knowing that the store incubators (esp Lil giant) can be pretty inconsistent I decided to take complete responsibility for the hatches and monitor the gages and temps closely. I do this with additional thermometers, humidity gages placed inside with the eggs. I don't go more than 2 hours without checking the bator during a hatch (except at night- for about 6 hours I don't check while sleeping)

Typical hatch for me is 90%.

My most recent hatch though went down to 80% (some didn't pip-?) Yet I followed the same practices as always.

Now this hatch is bothering me. Because suddenly without messing with any gauges or thermostat my temps are spiking from 99.0-104.- I can't understand why. Bator is in the same place as it has always been, not a soul has messed with it. I'm down to the last 10 days and I am freaking out because the temps have gotten ridiculous. Yesterday is when I first noticed the 102 spike, so I kept a better eye on it. And today I woke up to 104! IDK for how long but I wanted to cry.

So I am new to bator malfunctions and refurbing. I am considering a cabinet build DIYer but for the moment I am wondering if I should just modify the thermostat or replace some component which is causing the problem.

What exactly would be the issue with the bator doing this? Is it a thermostat issue or fan? Or both? And is there a good assembly kit you would recommend for replacing these parts? I am not an electrician so I kinda need some guidance. Thanks

I am not sure about the cause... However, my last hatch had quite a bit of variation in the temp the whole time... from 99.5 to 102.2. I had 27 in there. On day 5, I took out 4 infertile. The remaining eggs all hatched... I am wondering how this hatch will do also. Maybe replace the incubator for now and after the hatch try and fix it... Then you would have two :)

Back
Top Bottom