Tale as Old as Time - A Role Play

Was this creative?

• Yep, sure, anything to make you shut up.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Yes, actually!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • You have destroyed the art of literature.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Garjzla

Crowing
5 Years
Nov 28, 2014
Oregon
Please Read First
A) By participating in this game, I promise that all BYC Rules will be followed and that I have read and understood the Role Play Rules that are in a sticky at the top of the Games forum.
B) I promise that all content is to be rated G and suitable for all ages.
C) I promise that there will be no swearing, cursing (including censoring by using symbols) or inappropriate adult sexual activity or innuendo. This extends to mating, breeding or innuendo in non-human characters as well.
D) I promise to treat others with respect and kindness as is the BYC way.
E) I promise not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't.

In an old fashioned city that can't seem to cope with its poverty, starvation, and disease rates, there is a tale of the perfect safe haven for all who fall into an unlucky fate. The most desired thing for all is the ability to reach that heavenly place.

Sacrifices, murders, and the mass selling of fake and deadly 'potions' in a non-fantasy world has taken place, all to reach the goal of entering this sacred place named Dawnhorn.

An old, poor miner thought he had struck gold during this morbid epidemic of pure insanity when he found a nearly blinding light at the end of the mine, which he explored once everything else had been mined out.
He walked into the light, and what he found was beautiful. It was holy, and at the immediate glance he knew it must be Dawnhorn, the place that he thought to only be a legend.

As he stepped forward onto the luxuriant soil, an angelic figure greeted him. It warned him of the terrible fate that would take over Dawnhorn if he ever uttered a word about seeing this land. It would be found out by the public, and destroyed by their greed and lust for pure survival.

The old miner was then told to leave, and he did so, leaving the mine for good so he would never draw attention to it. But a gang of criminals picked up on the man's strange behavior, and the fact that he dropped his hobby of mining. Nobody liked suspicious behavior in this city, even the gangs, so they took the situation into their own hands and kidnapped him one night to get some information out of him.

They tortured the miner until he had told them everything, absolutely everything about Dawnhorn and exactly how to find it. In the end, the poor old man was too weak to live and they killed him, leaving him to rot in their home while they ventured forth to find the sacred Dawnhorn and finally be able to survive outside of this decrepit city.

Dawnhorn became invaded with humans that originated from the non-fantasy world, and they were forced to accept it. What the angelic figure had predicted turned out to be true, with Dawnhorn turning into chaos, judgment, and insanity.

The beautiful tale of Dawnhorn is as old as time, but now the safe haven couldn't be farther from the stories.

(Summary: There is a tale of a safe haven called Dawnhorn that the inhabitants of a poverty-filled city is desperate to find. An old miner accidentally entered Dawnhorn through the mine and was warned by an angelic figure that if he spoke a word about this place, it would be invaded by enemies and destroyed. A gang of criminals ended up torturing the miner to make him tell them everything he knew, and they killed him, then went to find Dawnhorn. They were successful, and brought people with them.
Dawnhorn is now full of sickness, war, and poverty, just like the old city. And nobody knows if there will ever be a solution to their suffering.)

Forms:

Name:
History:
Personality:
Foreigner? (yes/no):
Picture/description:
Relationship?:
Other:

My forms:

Name: Queen Glorianna
History: Queen Glorianna had a pretty normal royal life. She was raised to be elegant, poised, and wise. Then when her mother died (from an illness) she married and took over the throne. She has ruled the kingdom since. It seems like she's ancient, but she kept her youth. Nobody knows how she stays so young when she's ruled for nearly a hundred years, there's only gossip about it.
Personality: Queen Glorianna has many different personalities. She can be motherly, she can be a teacher, she can even be snotty at times, depending on her current situation. She's the queen, one of the most important people in Dawnhorn. So it's not like she's a plain canvas.
Foreigner? (yes/no): No
Picture/description:
Relationship?: She was basically required to marry, so, yes. If anybody wants to be the King, just make a form.
Other: None

Name: Erin
History: Unknown
Personality: Odd, Shadowy, wary
Picture/description: Long black glossy hair and icy blue eyes light-weight armor on and a black cloak
Relationship?: none, well open.
Other: none

Name: King Vincent
History: Unknown. Some say he was born in Dawthorn as an angelic being.
Personality: Mild usually, but has sudden temper bursts where he becomes quite violent.
Picture/description: A short brown beard. Appears to be as young as The Queen. Quite handsome.
Relationship?: Queen Glorianna
Other: Downfall: Wine

Name: Erin
History: Unknown
Personality: Odd, Shadowy, wary
Picture/description: Long black glossy hair and icy blue eyes light-weight armor on and a black cloak
Relationship?: none, well open.
Other: none

Name: King Vincent
History: Unknown. Some say he was born in Dawthorn as an angelic being.
Personality: Mild usually, but has sudden temper bursts where he becomes quite violent.
Picture/description: A short brown beard. Appears to be as young as The Queen. Quite handsome.
Relationship?: Queen Glorianna
Other: Downfall: Wine
Accepted!

Back
Top Bottom