Disappointment

Cass87

In the Brooder
Aug 25, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Well I have 18 eggs incubating currently and everything has been going great. At day 14 there was only one that had shown no signs of growth. Today marks day 21 and nothing has even started to pip yet. Yesterday morning when I checked before work the temp had spiked to 105 during the night sometime. It's been super steady at 100 the entire incubation and then on day 20 that happens. I think they must have died. Last time I at least had some pipping by day 21. How disappointing...

Aww I'm hoping that's not the case. Maybe they're just late bloomers :)
This is my first hatch and today is hatch day. I have 3 pips. Even with the temp jumping to 106°F a couple times before lockdown. Just hang in there and hope for the best.

Well I have one ameraucana out and 3 more pips. But he's cruising all around the incubator and rolling the other eggs so I hope they can get out

Lol they'll be fine. My first to hatch was doing to same thing. Jumping on the eggs, running over them, standing on them, then he/she settled down and started cuddling with the other eggs. One of my concerns was when the eggs got turned and the pip was underneath. I know it's supposed to be lockdown but i simply reached in real quick and carefully turned the pip right side up. I also took out the open shells a bit after hatching.
Also, i believe the time u set ur eggs really makes a difference. I set mine in the afternoon but they didn't start pipping until the night before hatch day. I also read that if they have pipped but no other progress for 15hours then sometimes it's a good idea to help the chick.

I've got 4 out so far. Looks like they were just a little late. Humidity is holding steady at 70 so should be a good hatch I hope

Back
Top Bottom