Crazy Mixes

Poultrybreeder

Crowing
Apr 21, 2017
New Mexico
Show me your craziest mixed up poultry. I want to see how wacky the chicks look! Just fill out the form below and submit! The way to win is how many ovations each bird gets. I will not be giving ovations as I might run out, and I don't want to make it unfair to the people I can't give one to, sorry.

Breeds of the parents: (pictures would be preferable, but not required)
A picture of the chick/chicken
The chicken's name (optional)

I am probably going to mix a Golden-Duckwing Phoenix Rooster with a Buff-Lace Polish Hen. I hope they look great!
This is the whole reason I decided to have the show is because of those two, have fun competing.

The egg this one hatched out of was supposed to be a Partridge Pekin Bantam (you guys call them Cochin Bantams). Turns out his mother had a fling with a Silver Duckwing Leghorn. Unfortunately we couldn't keep him (living in suburbia). This was him at 8 weeks old just before we found him a home. He was dumpy like a Pekin/Cochin bantam with fluffy legs, but with the lovely colours of the Silver Duckwing.

He was such a cute chick too:

Last edited:
This is fun! I have a 5 week old sweetie that I bought as an EE. I have NO idea what his/her parentage is, only what breeds this the hatchery I bought it from has (Black Copper Marin, Barnevelder, Ameraucana, Brahma, Welsummer, Cochin, Orpington, RIR and Dominique) So your guess is as good as mine, actually probably better!

Here is Maisey, my 5 week old EE
Maisey5wks.jpeg

here he/she is at 3 weeks

Maisey3wks.jpeg

and at 2 days when we first brought her home

Maisey2days.jpeg

By the way, if you think you can tell me what her mixture is from the list above, I would be happy to hear it!

Back
Top Bottom