Please help, cant sleep :(!!

goldfishcracker

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2017
So i got my runner ducklings 2 days ago (theyre 8 days old now) and they poop a lot. I clean their coop out once/twice a day but they poop often and i get worried and paranoid a few hours after, just incase its too dirty for them. Do they mind the poop? Im way too paranoid to sleep :(

also its mentally super hard for me to clean their coop that often since they really hate being picked up (in general) and put in the other coop while i clean their main one out. will they get used to me picking them up? Im very gentle and they even fall asleep when i pet them a lot of the time!

Have no worries..:).....
Yes..., they will get used to you cleaning them and they do poop lots..They are fine if your using pine shavings for a couple of days without cleaning unless it gets poopy or wet..Ducklings need to drink water and dunk their total heads under water..:)

Yes..., they will get used to you cleaning them and they do poop lots..They are fine if your using pine shavings for a couple of days without cleaning unless it gets poopy or wet..Ducklings need to drink water and dunk their total heads under water..:)

Thats great :) thank you. I give them a couple bowls of water to dip their heads in but they end up drinking that water instead of their water bowl water lol!

Thats great :) thank you. I give them a couple bowls of water to dip their heads in but they end up drinking that water instead of their water bowl water lol!

That's okay...Its all just water to them...:)

I stumbled on a nice system for managing water after my ducks were grown. If I ever brood ducklings again I will do it with them. I had an unused plastic dog crate. I separated the top and the bottom. I took the door off. I put a few inches of sawdust in the bottom, and put the waterer on top of that. It catches all the splash and keeps the bedding in much better condition.

I remember with my Runners, it seems they grew so fast that solutions that worked a few days ago had to be modified again. I remember sleepless nights, too.

Have you seen the sticky on Raising Ducklings? There is a link to stickies at the top of the Duck Forum index. Blue letters.

Back
Top Bottom