The Southeastern Ohio Poultry Breeders Association

It was the end of February this year, and the end of March last year, but the website doesn't have information yet on next year's show. I usually find out about shows from the good people at SCNA, so maybe I'll hear something from them about it soon.

Washington County Fairgrounds
Marietta, OH

Call Wyatt Adelsperger
740-678-2883
for show catalog

March 26,2011

There will be Serama table top judging.

Last edited:
Hoping to attend this show this year...it's on March 28th, if anyone is interested. Will take pics and post them here.
I live in Albany, so not too far from Marietta. I'm very interested in going to this, but am new to the world of poultry. Can you tell me what I should expect a bit? and is this open to the public as well? Thank you so much

I live in Albany, so not too far from Marietta. I'm very interested in going to this, but am new to the world of poultry. Can you tell me what I should expect a bit? and is this open to the public as well? Thank you so much
gig.gif
That would be like the blind leading the blind, I fear. I've only ever been to one poultry show before and it was part of a huge farm expo in PA, so I wasn't there to see the actual poultry show and didn't take note of too much back then. What I saw was a gigantic room/warehouse full of rows and rows of caged fowl of every different kind...they looked comfortable, clean and well kept and the sound wasn't too much to bear. Very interesting! I want to get to this other one in time to see some of the judging, especially the standard fowl.

It is open to the public and is free! I don't know if it's free, though, if one wants to enter birds...I'm sure there is a fee for that and rightly so. It's mostly bantam or toy breeds but they do have large fowl as well. It's at the Washington County Fair Grounds and I've never been exactly there before but it's right off of Front Street so it can't be too hard to find...you've probably been to Mtta and know it's pretty open and easy to navigate.

Here's the link to info on the show..all I could find, at least...and a number to call for more info: http://www.poultryshowcentral.com/Southeast_Ohio_Poultry_Breeders.html

Hahahaha that's totally understandable. I'm so interested just don't know where to start. This is great though!
Oh ok wow it sounds so fascinating. I definitely want to go! Now I just gotta talk the hubby into it lol.

Yeah I'm sure it's not difficult to find that area is pretty open. Thank you for adding the link that's super helpful.

Back
Top Bottom