House Duck Toys???

I have a white crested pekin that's 8 weeks old who's a house duck. I wondered what kind of toys ducks liked to play with. She needs something to stimulate her. Picture of her a couple of weeks ago :)

She is adorable, but other than a play mate I can only think of a mirror with safe edges, that she can see herself in.

A couple of pot plants of grass to nuzzle and 'hunt' in?
idunno.gif
My ducks spend their time "playing" by preening, grass/plant nuzzling, dunking in the pond, one legged dozing or 'relaxing' on the coolness of the path in the shade. Not quite sure how you would replicate that indoors.

Really is a cute duckling
big_smile.png

We just bought her two pekin ducklings as playmates, she is less than enthused with them, but I feel she will accept them over time.

You just have me a good idea though. I could get some bird toys for her. She loves to nibble on the tv remote. I think some toys with beads (that dont come off) would be entertaining.

We bought a 6' length or regular white rop from our local Family Farm & Home. When I have chicks in a brooder, I will tie a piece of binder twine to the top of the cage so it dangles down to head level; they love playing tug-o-war with that, so maybe something between a thick white cotton rope and a piece of binder twine, hung up, to let her tug at?

I went to PetCo and found a mirror in the bird aisle that has beads on it that slide along the rod. My duck loves to look at her reflection and chew on the beads. It was only a couple bucks and she's had lots of fun with it!

We just bought her two pekin ducklings as playmates, she is less than enthused with them, but I feel she will accept them over time.
You just have me a good idea though. I could get some bird toys for her. She loves to nibble on the tv remote. I think some toys with beads (that dont come off) would be entertaining.
Good for you see needs some play mates and she will like them over time.

During the day they spend their time outside in their duck pen. It has a small pan for them to bathe in (the little ones are only a week old and I don't want any drowning). When I'm home they go out around the pool and free range with my Silkies. They have a kids swimming pool. In the evening they come inside and get pestered a lot with handling. My oldest one loves to just sit in my lap.

I really LOVE ducks! I can't imagine ever being without them :)

Has she got any stuffed animals? My ducks loved their stuffed toys and always slept on them. The brighter the better. I included a couple of pics. If you can see the bright pink flamingo, they loved to tug on it's legs.

That is just adorable! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I have a couple of stuffed animals and can always pick up more!

Back
Top Bottom