Bloody Chicken Poop, Diahhrea, Poop Chart

Pics

steffkec

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 5, 2013
So I am a first-time chicken owner and have been puzzled by my chickens' poo!
I was very worried pretty much every time I saw an ugly poo... and I ended up treating with pro-biotics, electrolytes, medicated foods, and finally antibiotics with really no change in their poop.
I recently came across this poop chart: (http://chat.allotment.org/index.php?topic=17568.0) posted by another BYC member. I just thought it would be good to re-post this chart as I have had some of my concerns laid to rest.
Things I've learned: what looks like blood in poop can really just be intestinal lining (normal), and other ugly poops do not always indicate a problem.
Here it is again: THE POOP CHART
I think every newbie would benefit from learning about their chicken poops.

What do you think about this one? I'm a newbie and stressing over this weird poop. The water part was actually tinged red, you just can't see it in contrast to the poop board.

Thx!

If concerned treat for Coccidiosis,cocci kills very fast but is easily controlled using a coccidiostat. Treating with Corid will not harm birds,but not treating(if they have coccidiosis)may result in deaths.

Dose amounts were posted on your other thread.

My hen's waddles are so pale they are about tan now. And her poop in I want to say flouresant green. She is moving very slow. Been about a week. Any ideas? :(

thank you so much for this chart! i was super worried when i saw red in my new chicks poop but i found it on the chart and it turns out it's completely normal and not coccidiosis like i feared. very helpful!

thank you so much for this chart! i was super worried when i saw red in my new chicks poop but i found it on the chart and it turns out it's completely normal and not coccidiosis like i feared. very helpful!

Welcome to BYC! That poop charts has errors. If you see more than a couple of poops with blood, or what they call intestinal lining, it's *not* normal!

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom