Looking for chicken allies in Safety Harbor

lychindemonfly

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 20, 2013
Hello. I have started a facebook page in search of Safety Harbor residents in favor of legalizing chickens in Safety Harbor. Please like our page in support of chickens as pets. In Safety Harbor, FL the city voted in favor of pot belly pigs as pets but disallowed chickens in 2011. We are very early in the process but are in great need of other residents in favor of changing the local ordinance. Thank you for your support and please post pictures and comments!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Safety-Harbor-Chicken-Revolution/447996488616712?fref=pb

Hi...I just moved here a year ago and have wanted to have chickens for years. I'd understood Pinellas allowed up to 4 hens per backyard, but Safety Harbor doesn't...? Seems like ******** (excuse my bluntness) to me...especially for a city that is incredibly progressive with recycling and a holistic/healthy way of living.

If it's a noise issue, that's an even bigger bunch of ********, because my neighbors have yappy dogs and a doggy door. They are allowed out at all hours to bark hysterically at leaves. I WISH they had chickens instead.

So. What can we do about this ridiculously outdated and restrictive law?

Back
Top Bottom