what breed is my duckling?

chicken pickin

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 3, 2012
I bought 4 ducklings from TSC a few days ago. Bin was of Blue swedish ducklings. I believe 3 of them are Blue Swedish but the 4th looks different. S/he is yellowish with a black line on its head like a mohawk and a black tail. If she is an odd colored blue swedidh duckiling that is fine. I just thought it would be fun to try to identify her.

Here is Dark Wing Duck

Hmmm I wish but I dont think so. Ancona ducklings I think have splotchier markings. I dont even know where to begin to try to identify her. So I thought here is the best place to start. I hope to get some more ideas because I dont know ducks these are my first ones.

Last edited:
Your duck in question looks to be a silver appleyard. Also, the 2 ducks with the eye stripes are not blue swedish. They look like they could be blue-fawns?

thats the 3rd or fourth pic of ducklings from tsc that look like mine did and were in with blue swedes...eye stripes and blue fawn down...mine are deathering out now...size of swedes but definitely blue fawn...did a hatchery mix up blue fawn rouens with swedes ..or is it a really bad hatchery mistake.

Looks like all the pics I've seen of the appleyards! Here's a pic of my new babies to see what I mean

Really so I only possibly got 1 blue swede. 2 blue fawn rouesns and a silver appleyard. Thats interesting but a little irritating because before I bought the duckilings and comitted myself to them I went home from TSC and read up about blue swedish to make sure they were a breed suitable for my fam. I know nothing of the 2 other breeds.

Really so I only possibly got 1 blue swede. 2 blue fawn rouesns and a silver appleyard. Thats interesting but a little irritating because before I bought the duckilings and comitted myself to them I went home from TSC and read up about blue swedish to make sure they were a breed suitable for my fam. I know nothing of the 2 other breeds.
All 3 breeds are great ducks and good layers. Hopefully you all will fall in love with them.

Back
Top Bottom