Meyer hatchery reviews???

Pics
My spring order last year was from Meyers.

The chickens were good.

No complaints.

As to SQ....... I thought that the white leghorns, white cochins, and bantam buff brahma looked closest.

The others were true to breed, but a bit further from the mark color wise....LF light brahma and bantam d'uccle

I also got golden comets and rhode island reds, which look true to breed, as long as you remember that most hatchery RIR are production reds, and these are production reds, not heritage RIR. I guess they both lay well, but neither the production RIR (marketed as RIR) or the golden comets, have been laying ANYWHERE as well as those white leghorns!!!

My spring order last year was from Meyers.

The chickens were good.

No complaints.

As to SQ....... I thought that the white leghorns, white cochins, and bantam buff brahma looked closest.

The others were true to breed, but a bit further from the mark color wise....LF light brahma and bantam d'uccle

I also got golden comets and rhode island reds, which look true to breed, as long as you remember that most hatchery RIR are production reds, and these are production reds, not heritage RIR. I guess they both lay well, but neither the production RIR (marketed as RIR) or the golden comets, have been laying ANYWHERE as well as those white leghorns!!!
I'm not really looking for show birds or anything like that. Just for eggs. I asked someone and they didn't have a good experience with them. The only reason I am thinking of ordering from them is because they are closest to me. I just got some from Cackle and three died, but I think it was from the stress of shipping though.

I have 15 rare breed egg layers , all pullets. They arrived on time , all healthy and are still going strong. To this day they are 9 days old. They notified me when they received my Oder and when it was being shipped. All in all a great experience.

Since this is my first time raising chicks ,Im having an awful hard time determineing what breeds I have. I do know for sure that I have either a Easter egger or an olive egger. Possibly a speckled Sussex. I can post a few pictures if you would like to see.

Since this is my first time raising chicks ,Im having an awful hard time determineing what breeds I have. I do know for sure that I have either a Easter egger or an olive egger. Possibly a speckled Sussex. I can post a few pictures if you would like to see.
Yes please!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom