Incubation Help!

Skylar22

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 27, 2014
I have just recently gotten in to the emu business. I am incubating some eggs in an older cabinet style incubator. I have read up on the requirements for emu eggs during incubation and have kept the humidity and temperature in the range. It is now day 51 and they have been steadily losing weight the way they should however I am concerned that they aren't going to hatch. I have tried talk to and whistle at them to entice a wiggle however I have yet to see or hear anything from them. Should I be concerned that they will not hatch and when should I assume that they are dud eggs and take them out of the incubator? Please help.

some our hatches this setting didn't occur until day 54! Sometimes emu chicks will peep 2-3 days before they hatch and we have others that did not make a peep until they had hatched. Don't need to worry too much yet. We bump the humidity up to 40% during the last 3-4 days of incubation.

Thanks for the advise. Just as a reference do you run your incubators at in terms of temp. and humidity

I have had one hatch day 48 looking out of shell in the morning when I got up and rest in same setting, day 52-54...just one of those things, but all were well and happy .
So not to worry just yet...but good luck.
Calla

Hi, give them a good week past the due, also need to stop turning them about three days before hatch date.

It is now day 60 in incubation. I have still yet to hear, see, or feel any signs. I stopped turning the eggs nearly 5 days ago. Should I give up on them. I looked back at my records and there was a week were the humidity drop and I adjusted to get it up but it did not happen instantly. Could this be the issue? How should i go about determining the issue? Thanks for the advice.

I am from California (United States) and I am looking for some fertile Emu eggs to hatch with my grandson. If anybody knows of anybody, can you please advise me. Thanks, Matt

Back
Top Bottom