Two roosters? Halp!!!

AbiLuv

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 31, 2014
Upstate New York
Okay, so, I have a little separate coop for banties.
Atm, my roo Pippin and my hen Frodo are the only two living in it, so three weeks or so ago, I went to TSC and bought six more bantams (straight run) along with six standard size birds (pullets).
A few days ago, I began to have suspicions about my (what I can only assume to be) silver duckwing chick ("Pepper"), and now I am quite positive- I've got another rooster.
Originally, my plan was to put any roos in with the standard sized flock, but he appears to be the only one and he is so sweet and friendly and adorable <3 I want to put him in with Pip along with the rest of the peeps, but I'm afraid of what a Pippin/Pepper showdown would entail... :/
Should I try it? Will two banty roosters in one coop with only six hens lead to a definitely unhappy ending?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

And btw, how do you tell if a Silkie is a hen or a roo?

-AbiLuv

The only success I've had integrating two happy roosters was raising them together from chicks. If you integrate him, just make sure there's enough hens and they're not constantly fighting. There will be a big fight that you should let happen to establish dominance, but if it's incessant after that they should be separated.

The only success I've had integrating two happy roosters was raising them together from chicks.  If you integrate him, just make sure there's enough hens and they're not constantly fighting.  There will be a big fight that you should let happen to establish dominance, but if it's incessant after that they should be separated.  

That's what I was thinking... I hope they can live together :3

Back
Top Bottom