Look what's lurking around my yard...

Google "skunk dispatch pole" it's basically a pole with a syringe on the end. I forget what to put in the syringe but if I remember right it is available in stores and is humane. You probly wouldn't even need to put it on the pole as possums don't spray

Acetone! That's the stuff! I believe there are high amounts in nail polish remover

Just catch it in your trap, put it in the car and drive to the bush where it belongs. Its not the Opossums fault you put your house where its home used to be. I know how annoying wild animals can be and even pets for that matter but moving it is easier than having to kill it and dispose of the body and will make you feel better as well.

Just catch it in your trap, put it in the car and drive to the bush where it belongs. Its not the Opossums fault you put your house where its home used to be. I know how annoying wild animals can be and even pets for that matter but moving it is easier than having to kill it and dispose of the body and will make you feel better as well.
WRONG ANSWER! Do not transport wildlife unless you have contacted fish and game and determined it is legal in your state; transportation may spread parasites and diseases to new areas where they were previously unknown.

Opossums roam downtown San Francisco from time to time; and that area has been developed since the middle of the 19th Century. It isn't always a matter of people moving into where the animals were living, the other way around is just as common. Bambi, for example, loves suburbs because there is no hunting. Bobcats enjoy living under backyard sheds in Bellevue and Redmond, WA, where they thrive on a diet of rats, domestic cats, and small dogs. Coyotes live in downtown LA. Cougars haunt California suburbs, as do raccoons, skunks, and the ubiquitous opossums.

Our method is to live trap, then place two blocks of dry ice in a garbage can and pour a little water on it to start the carbon dioxide gas evolving. I place several layers of cardboard to make a platform for the trap to avoid causing freeze burns to the animal, making sure that there is room for the gas to flow easily around and into the trap. I place the animal, trap and all, in the garbage can, and close the lid. This suffocates the animal and is generally accepted as humane.

Nitrogen gas is even better, except for those burrowing animals who are capable of detecting lowered oxygen levels.

I hate them, I hate them, I hate them! grrrrr nasty creepy diseased rats!. I'm gonna get written lashing for this but ... I buried one alive once...and let one starve in a trap in the rain for killing 4 of my chickens once. I know I should probably keep this 411 to myself but I don't feel bad at all about it. They all deserve to die! I get really ****** at "kill and run". Don't eat them...Just kill them and go...so eye for an eye. Dang, I've got issues.

Back
Top Bottom