More questions about re-homing Spot, the mean rooster.

Angie E

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 21, 2014
I am going to go ahead and give Spot away.
hit.gif
However, he is really hard to catch or handle in the day time. I find that it is easiest to handle him at night after he has gone to bed in the coop. So if I were to catch him tonight and put him in a box with holes in it, or a cat carrier, will he ok with no water until he gets moved in the morning? Or should I wait until very early morning before I try to contain him?

Thanks all. The box has a bunch of holes in it. Not sure if he will try to tear it up, but will do my best. I have heard about noodle soup, but cant bring myself to do it...

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. Sorry you have to get rid of your rooster, but I understand having done it myself a number of times in the past. In fact, right now I have 25 hens and no roosters. Spot should be fine in the box with the holes in it until morning. Good luck in securing him.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Were you able to catch him? So sorry you have to rehome him. I hope he has a nice forever home to go to. :)

Thank you Two Crows and Michael OShay, I hope so too! My hubby caught him this morning and put him in the cat crate by himself and then let me think that I would have catch him. What a brat! Poor Blondie is going to be all alone now. Blackie and Red each have 2 chicks. Lately, Blondie had Spot to herself... Oh well, I am sure that everything will work out in my flock. No need to cry over cracked eggs right? (spilled milk)

hmm.png

Last edited:
Spot has a new home on a farm! Lots of hens and 3 other roosters. His life should be more interesting now! The farmer said that he would give him a chance to stay out of the pot, but does have another that is as onrey or more than he is. At least he has another chance. That is all that I wanted. :)

Back
Top Bottom