Crying poult

rjoschko

Songster
8 Years
May 27, 2014
Minneapolis
Last night one of my babies started crying really loud. It is a little tom. So I took him out and wrapped him in a towel and cuddled him. But, every time I put him back in with the others he starts crying again. And as soon as I take him back out he stops! Anyone have any ideas whats going on?

If the only time it peeps persistently is when you are out of sight, then it has probably imprinted on you more thoroughly than the others and thinks you're its mama.

I can put him by himself and he is okay. It seems that when I put him back with the others is when he starts crying. Right now I have him in a box with a heat lamp and he is okay. But I have noticed that when he wakes up he seems to be looking for me.

If the only time it peeps persistently is when you are out of sight, then it has probably imprinted on you more thoroughly than the others and thinks you're its mama.

I've got one of those. It's so cute....at first. 5 weeks later, and I'm ready to pull my hair out!
lol.png

My little cryer poult is back with the others and acting normal, after I didn't hardly sleep for 2 nights, lol. I have been taking them outside each day. I have a 12 inch high enclosure, Well, I didn't know that they could fly already, lol. I put them in it yesterday and 3 of them were out just like that. Ever try to chase down a baby turkey? lol

My little cryer poult is back with the others and acting normal, after I didn't hardly sleep for 2 nights, lol. I have been taking them outside each day. I have a 12 inch high enclosure, Well, I didn't know that they could fly already, lol. I put them in it yesterday and 3 of them were out just like that. Ever try to chase down a baby turkey? lol
We have a couple of, 48" tall, folding infant fences (sell them at target). These can be moved around yard and are easy to cover. Yes, they fly quite well and will only get better (we had a wk.and half old poult fly/climb to the top of 6 ft. welded wire fencing and then hop/fly onto roof of shed), just something to keep in mind.

I took them out again yesterday evening and just let them run free, it was cute, they all stayed pretty close to me. Then I had my little female "Freedom" sitting on my shoulder and she grabbed ahold of my chin whiskers and pulled on them, OUCH, lol

Back
Top Bottom