what am i doing wrong?

zachbelle

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 16, 2014
I am new to incubating first i tried duck eggs i put 14 of my own khaki campbell eggd in a lg still air incubator all looked great right up til lockdown. temps and himidity were acurate. only seven hatched the other seven died durring lockdown. the ones that did hatch did not even start to pip until day 30 and six made it out on day 32 the last one on day 34. now i have 16 chicken eggs that just hatched some started on day 20 and the last one just made it out on day 22 same incubator and equipment....i have heard ducks are harder to hatch....any advice would be great!

I am new to incubating first i tried duck eggs i put 14 of my own khaki campbell eggd in a lg still air incubator all looked great right up til lockdown. temps and himidity were acurate. only seven hatched the other seven died durring lockdown. the ones that did hatch did not even start to pip until day 30 and six made it out on day 32 the last one on day 34. now i have 16 chicken eggs that just hatched some started on day 20 and the last one just made it out on day 22 same incubator and equipment....i have heard ducks are harder to hatch....any advice would be great!
I would say you did really good for your first hatch but one thing Khaki Campbell ducks are great brooders I know this because I use to have several of them for years and just adore them and their large nest .....

Do you have a squirt bottle and did you squirt the egg's with warm water from day 7 till day 25 as that would have been the day of lock down .......

Back
Top Bottom