looking for a breeder of standard cochin in chocolate cuckoo or lemon cuckoo colors

designlady

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 7, 2014
Hello! I am new to this site and new to raising chickens. I brought home 4 chicks about 5 months ago intending to have just enough egg production for my family. I quickly fell in love with watching all their chicken antics, became obsessed with all things chicken and the different breeds and colors to choose from and now have a total of 16 chickens....and counting :) I am in love with cochins, currently I have a red bantam laying hen and a standard blue chick that I am overly anxious to see fully grown. I love all things unusual and chickens are no different. I have been searching the internet for a standard cochin in the lemon cuckoo and chocolate cuckoo to no avail. do they exist?? if so, can anybody point me in the direction of a breeder?

I'm sure someone out there is working on them or accidentally bred them but I don't think I have ever seen them either.

I'm a Cochin bantam nut here too. I love the calicos and want to have chocolate too. I'm working on them right now with little success. Well for me at least. I've sold hatching eggs and a few folks hit the jack pot with chocolate Cochin's from me. ( I totally jelouse).

Good luck!

Last edited:
Your best bet would be to import from Holland or Belgium. They have really nice and rare colors going on. I my self am near finding a pair of blue partrigde cochin large fowl.

Many thanks for your reply.

Trouble being I have tried twenty four e mails to advertised breeders of Pekin(Cochin bantams with no effect as either the email has changed or they never reply.It could be they speak no English but that today is hard to believe. Do you have any breeder details or sales particulars for lavender trio of cock with two strong pullets of show standard? It is hard living in a nation that has no knowledge of the type of hen I am searching for.

I have white with black around neck also rhode island red color .I have about 20 chicks just hatched today. Will sell any chicks

Back
Top Bottom