Iowa Voters who own chickens need to be aware of candidate Bruce Braley

YardBirdCountry

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 27, 2013
Bruce Braley, Iowa senate candidate, and his wife got really angry when a neighbor's chickens got in their yard. The neighbor put up a fence, and brought over some eggs and apologized. The senator and his wife rudely expelled them from their property and advised they already filed a formal complaint. He then threatened a lawsuit and started pulling strings to get chickens banned from the community.

Mobilize the pro-chicken vote, and make sure this bum is thrown out hard.

https://news.yahoo.com/iowa-democrat-may-lose-senate-bid-because-litigious-153206796.html

Bruce Braley, Iowa senate candidate, and his wife got really angry when a neighbor's chickens got in their yard. The neighbor put up a fence, and brought over some eggs and apologized. The senator and his wife rudely expelled them from their property and advised they already filed a formal complaint. He then threatened a lawsuit and started pulling strings to get chickens banned from the community.

Mobilize the pro-chicken vote, and make sure this bum is thrown out hard.

https://news.yahoo.com/iowa-democrat-may-lose-senate-bid-because-litigious-153206796.html
Figures...they're democrats. OH! Did I say that???
gig.gif
Seriously though, that is absolutely ridiculous....just sayin'

His chicken owning neighbor that he threatened to sue was a democrat too, and an Air Force vet. He is an elitist snob chicken hater who wants to control other people's backyards. I'd go after him regardless of political party.

You know what you might do? Go to your city hall of records and make inquiries as to ordinances regarding the keeping of livestock; i.e., chickens. Could very well be that your neighbor is totally and legally within his rights to have his chickens and there's nothing they can do about it. Except for one thing....tell your neighbor friend to batten down the hatches and make his coop/run secure! If he is allowing them to free-range, stop it..confine to a run.

I'm all for letting people keep chickens.

I'm not all for people's chickens wandering all over other people's property. People who don't follow the rules, and don't care about other people's rights and property make this harder for all of us.

The point is the neighbor fixed the problem, put up a fence, and tried to bring over some eggs to apologize and talk it out. Braley and his wife rebuffed the neighbor, threatened to sue, and tried to get the law changed.

Someone needs to verify the facts; then get them to his opponent.
Seem that the attitude and reactions would be good ammo for a political opponent weather they are for or con on the whole chicken thing.

Back
Top Bottom