Striped faverolles

Jacqdiva

Songster
5 Years
Mar 23, 2014
Hervey Bay QLD Australia
I have salmon and blue faverolles hatching out. 3 are yellow, but one is striped??? I bought the eggs from a reputable and registered breeder.
Any ideas???:confused:

He is the one still wet. At first I thought he was a blue. Now I'm not sure...

I just looked at the Faverolles thread on this forum. Someone had a salmon with stripes that they bred themselves. Apparently it happens. Just strange that experts I asked didn't know. Thank goodness for BYC
D.gif
Somewhere I have pictures of salmon chicks with racing stripes. I will post them later. Though if you look through the Fav thread there should be some. I know it's a huge thread. All of the blue chicks I hatched were solid colored.

I just got two last night!! This is my first adventure with chickens and I'm so excited! We have ten all together. Two faverolles (I'm most excited about them) two australorp, two Delaware, two golden buff & two brahma. I'm curious of which is which!!

I will post one in the morning. It's 2am here...... Just been down to check remaining eggs lol. I'm nuts about these chicks. Just too cute!!! Get ready for the cute factor. Just a warning! ;) oh and another one has pipped. Yay!

I can't find my pictures (I think they are on my dead computer) but here are someone else's chicks with the grey splotches/stripes. They are not uncommon.

900x900px-LL-a5a85eef__1016367.jpeg

900x900px-LL-ff799a12__1016372.jpeg

Blue chicks look like this

900x900px-LL-dafc9713_171.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom