Hi From The Hamptons

HappyHealthy

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 22, 2014
The Hamptons
First timer of 6 buff Orpington hens. I got them when they were 1 week and now they are 8 months and sleep in barn at night. During the day they free roam my yard, eating bugs, grass, wild bird seeds & their own egg shells ( eggshells are their fav thing to eat & "fight "over them).

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Oh I LOVE buff orps!!!!!! They are my favorite breed!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

That's a good thing that they love eggshells. That means they are getting calcium into their bodies to produce eggs
wink.png

Enjoy your orps and welcome to our flock!

Thank you Sarah. I do too!! Did not know what to expect but mine are very talk active & smart. They recognize us ( my family) individually: my son always pick them so when he approaches they automatically squat down & sit still. With me they all come running & follow me. My ex husband they ignore ( my ex husband IS a wonderful person & animal lover). :)

Welcome to BYC!
I also have Buff Orpingtons but mine are a bit younger. My favourite, Olivia, will jump on my lap and shoulder looking for treats!
Enjoy your time on BYC, lots to learn here!

Thank you Sarah. I do too!! Did not know what to expect but mine are very talk active & smart. They recognize us ( my family) individually: my son always pick them so when he approaches they automatically squat down & sit still. With me they all come running & follow me. My ex husband they ignore ( my ex husband IS a wonderful person & animal lover). :)

Mine squat, sit and beg to be held. I have one, Gracie, who loves nothing more than to sit on my lap and preen my hair!:) I love me buff orps!!

They are a beautiful breed - my friend had Holly but, sadly she morphed into Toby and had to find a new home. Toby used to sit on her shoe and liked her to swing her foot back and forth.

Welcome. Glad you decided to join our flock. Buff orpingtons are a wonderful breed. I have 4 of them currently in my flock; very beautiful, friendly & gentle, & good layers of large, brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your BOs.

Back
Top Bottom