is ther a way to tell if shes ready to lay

brandiH

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 13, 2014
Anza ca
hey yall im wondering if their are signs to look for if my girl might be ready to lay some eggs shes kinda lazy today it seems an my dude sort of seems to be more on guard ... could this mean she might lay?? im a first time mom to geese so I have no clue what to look for if anything they free rang so to speak in a very large area with grass an a big pond they have a smaller yard an pond in side that for at night it has their little house an all but they just don't seem their normal selfs today ?????? help????? plzzzzz
hu.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

they are only about 5 1/2 or 6 mo
What breed are they because most geese lay in late winter early spring depending on where you live, some like Chinese are laying now and will lay 2X a year fall and spring. Is it hot out? it's very hot and humid and mine are laying around more today.

Ok they are brown chienese but yes I live in a mout vally in so cal an boy o boy it's been hot it broke 100 yesterday an today it working on it

Ok they are brown chienese but yes I live in a mout vally in so cal an boy o boy it's been hot it broke 100 yesterday an today it working on it
That could be the reason the geese are laying around more, make sure they have cool fresh water and a pool or something to get in to cool off.

Most likely you won't see eggs till late fall since they are still young.But you never know one of our members has Chinese laying now and they were spring born.
Pics when you can.

they have 2 very large ponds an a pool under very large trees so they are good on all that I cant wait for eggs tho im excited

Back
Top Bottom