Need help.. Chicken fat, or a thick stock?

Aust1227

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 4, 2014
Hello there.

I slow cooked three roos yesterday. After they were cooked through I strained off the stock/broth and picked the carcasses clean.

I put the big bowl of stock into the fridge, in an attempt to solidify the fat, so I could scrape it off the top.

Instead, the ENTIRE BOWL of broth is now one consistant gelatinous chunk..

What exactly am I looking at? Is it gelatinous because it is ALL fat, or because of the collagan that was in the carcass? It is clear, like a bown of yellowish jello.. It is WAY thicker than the chicken stock I am used to (boiling off the carcus only after eating eating roasted bird).

Any advice would be helpful.

Hello there.

I slow cooked three roos yesterday. After they were cooked through I strained off the stock/broth and picked the carcasses clean.

I put the big bowl of stock into the fridge, in an attempt to solidify the fat, so I could scrape it off the top.

Instead, the ENTIRE BOWL of broth is now one consistant gelatinous chunk..

What exactly am I looking at? Is it gelatinous because it is ALL fat, or because of the collagan that was in the carcass? It is clear, like a bown of yellowish jello.. It is WAY thicker than the chicken stock I am used to (boiling off the carcus only after eating eating roasted bird).

Any advice would be helpful.

Sorry no one has responded....

I don't know either.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom