Is it too late to get ducklings?

It's never too late to get baby birds! :p
You should clarify a little do you mean Weather wise because if that's what you mean then it just depends on how much effort you feel like putting in.
When it's cold those babies are going to need you to check up on them more often to make sure their warm.

If they lay they can have babies. So you can get them all year. Will you be incubating them? I have no idea if ducks tend to not go brodie in the winter or not.

I had a scovie set a clutch in Feb, i don't recommend late hatches if your weather is cold and icy, snowy as it makes for difficulties. The babies did okay hatched in March and we are NOT spring like in this country at that time. That said it did require more TLC than babies hatched in later spring, summer and fall.

Now ducks are seasonal layers so most will not be laying much longer.. and also molting has begun which shuts that off too. I have no muscovy laying right now, my buffs and pekin still are.

Well you could switch her eggs out for new fertilized ones that way she can still raise her own and you get ducklings!

Back
Top Bottom