My little Sox had a seizure this morning...

peepttsoxsshine

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 20, 2014
Sox passed away last Thursday. We miss her very much. The majority of my days are spent with my "kids" and it sure is different without her waking me up every morning and untying my boots at night. We love you Sox, you are missed.

Last edited:
Hello and
welcome-byc.gif

As unlikely as it is, rabies is one cause of 'lockjaw', but so is the far more common tetanus. It's also possible that she's refusing to open her jaw to stop you medicating her, sometimes they get really jack of it, or understand it's not the right medication for the problem.

If you're sure her seizures are not genetic in origin, it'd pay to start eliminating possibilities of it being toxin-caused, or similar.

How often have you been giving her Epsom salts, and how much?

Best wishes.

Epsom salt - that is a laxative - I don't see why you would be giving it more than once. Could you tell us more?

The brewer's yeast is fine, just sprinkled on their food. Too much Epsom salt, she could be dehydrated and her electrolytes could be all out of balance - that could be deadly.

Make sure she's getting fresh water, and once a week some vitamins with electrolytes.

To answer your question about Epson salt ... I gave her Epson 1x after her first seizure . She didn't have another one for 6 weeks. Then after the second seizure I gave her Epson 1x. After the second seizure she began having them more frequently but I didn't continue giving her Epson salt. I gave her coconut water for electrolytes and she had good appetite and balanced diet. I thought her jaw locked up but later that day she was eating drinking and playing with her brothers and sisters. She had a seizure after I put them to bed on Thursday and passed away.

To answer your question about Epson salt ... I gave her Epson 1x after her first seizure . She didn't have another one for 6 weeks. Then after the second seizure I gave her Epson 1x. After the second seizure she began having them more frequently but I didn't continue giving her Epson salt. I gave her coconut water for electrolytes and she had good appetite and balanced diet. I thought her jaw locked up but later that day she was eating drinking and playing with her brothers and sisters. She had a seizure after I put them to bed on Thursday and passed away.

Sorry to hear it.

Best wishes.

Oh, no.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom