Help - Identifying my New Kurdish Hens and my First Week w them in Kurdistan

KurdishChicken

Hatching
5 Years
Nov 27, 2014
Hi all,

New Hens and Identification:
-I've just joined the chicken raising community. This is my first experience raising chickens! :) I bought 4 hens about 5 days ago in the local bazaar where I live in Kurdistan, Iraq. I'm having trouble identifying these girls.

-New Hamshire Reds or Welsumers, or maybe a hybrid?

Unhealthy hen?:
-The last few pictures are of the lightest colored hen who I'm a bit worried about. She seems to be sleeping a lot and not eating, even when I put food right in front of her. The other 3 are eating and scavenging around for bugs. I've brought her inside an set her up in a spare room.

-Her right eye was also glued shut by her mucus, I suppose? I opened it for her, but she keeps on wanting to sleep.

-Their coop is a make shift one I've made out of pallets and plywood that I've round in my area. It rained hard on their first night and also last night and today. Temps as low as 32F.

Learning a lot, but want to make sure I'm doing everything right for the health of my hens.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

One of our identification experts should be able to tell you what breed you have (you did a great job providing pictures). Nice to have you join us.

Your birds look like mixes to me. But, there are different breeds in different countries, so they might be an actual breed, just not here in the USA.

Back
Top Bottom