Can My Girls Eat Algae?

GAchickennewbie

Songster
5 Years
Apr 2, 2014
Northeast GA
I keep several fish tanks in addition to my girls, my dogs, and my cats. No animal-hater here. lol!

The tank I have a baby salvini in has a green fuzzy algae growing (can't remember the name) that doesn't need to be in there.

My girls do like to drink the fishwater when I drain the tanks for water changes and have been known to eat the occasional fish that makes it through the siphon, but can they eat the algae? Was thinking it would be some greenery for them until the grass grows and I get my fodder growing.

I keep several fish tanks in addition to my girls, my dogs, and my cats. No animal-hater here. lol!

The tank I have a baby salvini in has a green fuzzy algae growing (can't remember the name) that doesn't need to be in there.

My girls do like to drink the fishwater when I drain the tanks for water changes and have been known to eat the occasional fish that makes it through the siphon, but can they eat the algae? Was thinking it would be some greenery for them until the grass grows and I get my fodder growing.

If your tank and fish are healthy and you don't have overgrowth/ dying algae then yes it ok.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom