Ducklings

DuckLover1

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 11, 2014
Lewistown Pa
I've had my drake for three years this April. My surviving female Khaki Campbell will be a year old the same month. For the first two years of his life he had been mainly a people duck. He never liked any of the ducks at the park and always poofed himself up real big while leading my sister and me. It seems like he is trying to get the hang of mating with her but I'm not sure he will? He seems to think mating with her head is a good thing to do :/ Has anyone had this experience? Will he get the hang of it? I'd love some ducklings but as long as my silly duck has his compass upside down ducklings are just a cute little things in my dreams.

Last edited:
I've had my drake for three years this April. My surviving female Khaki Campbell will be a year old the same month. For the first two years of his life he had been mainly a people duck. He never liked any of the ducks at the park and always poofed himself up real big while leading my sister and me. It seems like he is trying to get the hang of mating with her but I'm not sure he will? He seems to think mating with her head is a good thing to do
hmm.png
Has anyone had this experience? Will he get the hang of it? I'd love some ducklings but as long as my silly duck has his compass upside down ducklings are just a cute little things in my dreams.
He'll get the hang of it it just takes time. Just a warning with bird flu in the US now I'd keep your ducks away from wild water fowl for the near future.

Thanks guys. I don't think any of the ducks I've owned have ever had the avian flu then. The symptoms don't sound familiar and I keep my babies inside with me for the most part.

Thanks guys. I don't think any of the ducks I've owned have ever had the avian flu then. The symptoms don't sound familiar and I keep my babies inside with me for the most part.
The only reason I mentioned it was because you said something about your duck not being interested in the ducks at the park that's where you need to be concerned taking your duck to parks where wild water fowl hang out.

The only reason I mentioned it was because you said something about your duck not being interested in the ducks at the park that's where you need to be concerned taking your duck to parks where wild water fowl hang out.

Yeah...I've had to forego my daily walks with Wobbles because of it. The lake out back is a popular spot for migrating ducks and geese, and I don't wanna take any chances!

Back
Top Bottom