want to get the gender on my black Astralorps

Melodyschkns

In the Brooder
Feb 22, 2015

Last edited:
Yes I can try. Its hard to get them to stay stil. What exactly do I need to take a picture of so you can sex them. I only have 4 so I may try to get my child to hold them to take better pics

At what age will they start getting the red part that hangs underneath that will mark them cockeral. These r 6 to 8 wks old

So its been quite awhile since I've been on here. My Astralorps ended up being 3 hens and 1 roo. Sadly we lost one of our hens bc it escaped the run and a dog got it. :( However, we have expanded our chicks from 4 to 28 and we have quite a variety now!!!

So its been quite awhile since I've been on here. My Astralorps ended up being 3 hens and 1 roo. Sadly we lost one of our hens bc it escaped the run and a dog got it. :( However, we have expanded our chicks from 4 to 28 and we have quite a variety now!!!

That's too bad you lost one of them :( 7x as many chickens as you started with in only a few months, that's impressive!

So its been quite awhile since I've been on here. My Astralorps ended up being 3 hens and 1 roo. Sadly we lost one of our hens bc it escaped the run and a dog got it.
sad.png
However, we have expanded our chicks from 4 to 28 and we have quite a variety now!!!
Sorry to hear about your hen :( I'm glad your were able to get more!!

Back
Top Bottom