Budgie color question.

Varglet

Songster
10 Years
Apr 5, 2013
Fossil, OR
So, while my one budgie trusts me, he (assumed male) doesn't seem to really want to bond with me, regardless of how much time I spend with him. So I got him a friend. Simply for my own curiosity, I was wondering what color variety this one actually is? I know the "normal" colors; this one I wouldn't know where to start. I'll apologize now for the poor quality of the pics.

A note: All of the budgies were already clipped. I would NOT have chosen to have it done. They went completely overboard on the clipping, as well. And this is just a temporary cage, of course.

Beautiful! He reminds me of my boy, Stewie
2665.png

The one budgie by himself didn't chat much, unless I was playing some music. But the two together constantly chatter (and yell) all day long, unless they're sleeping. It doesn't bother me, but that doesn't mean it won't bother others.

The one budgie by himself didn't chat much, unless I was playing some music. But the two together constantly chatter (and yell) all day long, unless they're sleeping. It doesn't bother me, but that doesn't mean it won't bother others.
When they are chatting and making a noise that means they are really happy and contented.

As you found out, a single budgie is not really very happy.. and it will be less active and much quieter as its more stressed being alone. They are very social birds and its best to have at least 2. Also I think they are more fun to watch when you have 2 or more.. as you can watch them playing and interacting with each other.

The reason I only got one to start was because I wanted him to bond with me. As I said, he had no interest in that, so I got him a friend. Immediately after the new budgie was moved in with him, he started acting wild all over again. So neither will bond with me at this point. But that's okay, they have each other.

I already knew all of what you posted, I was simply answering the question that was asked. Thanks though.

Back
Top Bottom