Light Brahma Rooster in need of home - Austin/Central Texas

AtHomeDaddy

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 24, 2008
Austin, TX
It's that age old story.

Kids want chickens. Dad knows nothing about chickens. Farm store sells chickens. Dad buys 4 straight run pullets. Kids are happy. Hens thrive.

A frequent question popped up a while back. "Dad, why does that Light Brahma have a comb and the others don't?" And in my best dad/ chicken noob voice I answered, " I dunno. Let's look on the internetz." After confirming that we had a rooster in our midst, the kids and I decided to keep him around just in case he turned out to be a "quiet" rooster. Hey, I said I was new to all of this. Quit laughing at me.

Kernel009.jpg

Kernel007.jpg

As 4:23 this morning, and at 15 weeks old the boy is finally practicing his crow, so our surprise roo is in need of a home. Hopefully before he perfects the crow!

We live in a neighborhood and the neighbors have been good sports about our chickens, so I don't want to make anybody mad with a regular 4:30 wake up call.

Kernel, the rooster needs a new home (I'll include his baby pictures) or a stew pot (I'll loan you my 15 qt stock pot). Whichever way, he is free to a BYCer.

Since I have little experience with any of this, I don't want to ship. But I could meet someone within a reasonable distance. (And reasonable might just depend on how loud his crow gets...)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom