Anybody here able to sex swedish ducklings by pictures?

Teresaann24

Songster
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
Eastern, Kentucky
I ordered 5 blue swedish they sent 2 black and 3 blue. I lost one of the black from the shipping. I am worried I lost my male duck.

I didn't get their sex marked so I have not a clue. Is there a way to someone can tell me if I lost my boy by pictures of them.

Last edited:
Here's an absolute pultry truth [in my experience]. If you have one male he will die. If you have two males they will both be fine.

They are 2-3 days old, Mostly what I wanna know is which one is my boy. I am hoping I didn't lose my male.

If these are not good enough I took more.

(PICTURES MAY BE HUGE YOU MAY WANNA REFRESH THE PAGE TO SEE FULL PICTURE) The little black one laying down is the one I lost.
Picture137.jpg

Picture138.jpg

Picture139.jpg

Picture140.jpg

Picture141.jpg

Picture142.jpg

Quote:
ohh that is so true...I had 9 khakis 2 boys and 7 girls and all but 2 girls have died or been picked off by predators and the boys are as healthy as can be.

Quote:
My husband swears that the swedes with the smaller bibs are the females. If you pick out the swede with the biggest bib, he thinks it is pretty certain that will be your male. I don't know if it is scientifically true but we do have 14 swedes right now (all are between 3 and 8 days old) and he called all of them correctly before I vent sexed them.

no way at all to tell from baby pics, just flip them over and vent sex them and you'll know for sure then. If you have never done it before, it'd easier when they get a little older

from what I can tell...The black one has the smallest bid of them all but only one has a big bid. 2 have small but not as small as the little black swede or as big as the one with the biggest bid.

???

No way! You can't tell by looking at them at this age, not until they are 6-7 months old. The ONLY way to sex ducklings (of any breed except Mallards & Rouens & gray Calls) is by vent sexing. The others I mentioned are sex-linked, meaning the males are different color than the females.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom