BYCer in San Rafael, Marin County

MarinMama

Songster
8 Years
Apr 15, 2011
hey all, just a quick hello. Rob introduced me to this site a few months back and I am new to chickens!

we are getting out chicks in about 2 weeks and very excited. I have been lurking on the site for quite some time now.

can't wait to connect with other chicken people!

here are the answers to the newbie intro:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am new and these will be my first chickens. My parents grew up with lots of chickens so they are excited.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? none at the moment but have 15 coming in about 2 weeks

(3) What breeds do you have? i am going to start out with the easy ones: silkies, buff orpington, easter eggers...main thing was i wanted nice chickens because i have 2 little boys

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? met rob a few months ago at a work thing.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? gardening, cooking, blogging...i have a few blogs that i am going to combine into 1

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. i am a stay at home mom married to a great man and have 2 little boys...3 year old and 1.5 year old. i love to garden and push the limits in gardening...grow the traditional stuff like tomatoes, apples, plums but trying to push the limits by doing some semi-tropical/tropical stuff like dragonfruit, cherimoya, mangoes.

Last edited:
frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama.

welcome-byc.gif
Hi there!
frow.gif
Welcome from western Kentucky! IMHO, this is the greatest website in the world! FRIENDLY people, TONS of helpful information, a multitude of topics to follow, good natured ribbing, gotta love it! Pull up a comfy chair and stay a while!
caf.gif

so far it looks like a super fun place!! will keep you all posted on my chicks when i get them...

Back
Top Bottom