Blue Andalusian thread!

Quote:
That works out to 3 eggs a week per hen...exactly the # of eggs my andalusian hen lays a week.
thumbsup.gif
I have an order in for 2 chicks...it will be interesting to see what color they will be (please, fingers crossed, let them be blue or splash).

I'll try to get a pic of my hen....I need batteries.

15970_100_1390.jpg
15970_100_1395.jpg

Thought I'd share a couple pics. The Andalusians are fairly flighty as young birds, but calm down after a while. Handling them does help speed up the process. I have several hens that are always underfoot, and don't mind being picked up at all. They lay a good sized large egg.

cochinman2005 your birds are stunning.
Vcomb they were right those are very nice hens.

I have a young pullet that has nice lacing, her pen is slop down with mud right now. I need to move hen.
Then get some pictures.

Thank you Mrs. Fluffy Puffy , I'll be waiting. I have some young blue roosters I would sale you cheep.
Also some pretty blacks and one splash rooster.

Our daughter is interested in getting some to use as her 4-H project, what would be a good number of birds to start her out with? We are able to have both hens and roosters where we live but are curious to know how loud are the roosters.

Also, cochinman2005 would you be willing to share a picture of the runs you have built-I can a little of it in the picture you posted and we are trying to get ideas for new runs! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom