::UPDATED with reqest'd pics:: Coop's Done!

clap.gif
great job!!

Here are the additional pics that I promised, Merman!

Showing partial construction with the entry/exit that's open to the porch area.

IMG00323-419x331.jpg

IMG00326-358x451.jpg

I used the porch pieces to enclose the doorway (was a little short that's why the center piece is a different color) I cut up the header arch (don't know if that's what it's called tho!) to frame the window shutters that were removed from the yard fence side that were not going to be seen anyway. This made the chicken door that would lead to the run.

IMG00328-493x392.jpg

Four nesting boxes also made from extra pieces of the roof and porch. I had some plywood that I used as dividers. Other than that, everything was in the kit. Even the screws!

IMG00343-498x396.jpg

This is a roosting ladder made from the legs of the little stools that are included in the kit. (I also screwed in some tree branches up in the "rafter" area for additional roost space.)

IMG00344-454x360.jpg

Putting the run together. I ended up staining the run with Tompson's Water Seal (light cedar) and it was a perfect match! The little ramp is the back of the bench that is also in the kit, I just screwed in some other scraps to the back to make it solid.

IMG00345-400x502.jpg

Again, thanks for all of your kinds comments, everyone! This forum board is so nice and fun! I am becoming addicted!

Last edited:
Wow...thank you so much...it really is a wonderful idea and design. And I definitely think you underestimate your skill set by calling yourself beginner to intermediate!
wink.png
If I decide to go for this one I'll let you know and show you how it comes out. How many birds are in your future?
Michael

Quote:
We live within Sacramento County so I think I am limited to just the five I have. (If I am even supposed to have those, I am afraid to ask anyone! :| ) I have already started nagging my hubby to move to the country.
big_smile.png

Wow! You don't give yourself enough credit!!!! I saw the playhouse just yesterday for the first time at Sams and was trying to imagine how it might work for a hen house. There are too many doors, and I like how you fixed that and used the wood from the porch, bench, and stool in the ways you did. Truly creative use of the playhouse!

Back
Top Bottom