Sexing some Speckled Sussex

savingdogs

Crowing
13 Years
Aug 2, 2009
Southwestern Washington State
Gosh, that is a tongue-twister!

These are supposed to be four ladies. ......please say it is so......

Number One:
38223_sussex_1.jpg

Number two:
38223_sussex_2.jpg

Number three:
38223_sussex_3.jpg

Number four:
38223_sussex_4.jpg

Here is one with all four:
38223_another_w_4_spec_suss.jpg

And here one with two of them, one in front is "number three":
38223_2_sussex_one_ee_hen.jpg

Thanks in advance for all your help! I can take more pictures if needed, I realize these aren't the greatest.

Last edited:
How old are they? I've seen several pics of 9-week-old Speckled Sussex roos that have very prominent combs & wattles.

Here are my two girls, they are about 12 weeks in these pics. We thought for sure Billie was a rooster and almost gave her to someone else; I was told by a Sussex breeder he was NOT a roo but a pullet. She has been my first one to squat for me....no eggs yet, should be very soon though.
Miss Piggy
36468_misspiggy_6-17.jpg

Billie
36468_the_roo_6-17.jpg

There is also a thread called 'The Sussex Thread' where you could post your pics for help on gender guessing.

They are supposed to be female, and some of my EEs that were supposed to be female are turning out to be roos so if these four are going to lay eggs for me that would be a huge relief!

What color egg should I expect? The paperwork said "brown"....but there are so many shades. I think these are really pretty chickens. I have some russian orloff that remind me of these ones, but the color variations are beautiful on these ones.

Back
Top Bottom