Crossroads Trip- From Monticello ARkansas to Indy!

HallFamilyFarm

APA ETL#195
14 Years
Jan 25, 2010
Monticello, Arkansas
Note: Please do not post on this thread unless you are considering traveling with us or sending your birds with us.

Once we start the trip, we will try to update our progess towards Indianpolis!

Anyone wanting to go to Crossroads? We have an 8 passenger van that we are taking to Indianapolis, Indiana. We will be leaving the Monticello, Arkansas area very early on Thursday morning of the show and will be in Little Rock two hours later. Then on to near Memphis, Sikeston, MO, Mt Vernon, IL, Effingham, IL and Terra Haut, IN. Cost for fuel would be $100 per person, no matter where you get on. We suggest snacks and drinks so we do not have to stop as often. Obviously we will stop for beaks and meals. Departure time will be decided later. There will be two of us (Catherine and myself). We have room for 6 more and your birds. We will be pulling a trailer for luggage and our birds. It would be best to pack light so we have more room for birds.

We will also be available to transport birds for folks that can not attend. We will need a copy of the entry forms, NPIP etc for each bird we transport along with written permission for us to transport to and from Crossroads and it should be written on the entry form prior to mailing it to Crossroads. We will transport and care for your Crossroads entries for just $5 per bird. Entry fee is $3. So for just $8 per bird you can compete at Crossroads even if you can not attend. Space is limited, so please hurry and contact us.

For hotel info and to see the show catalog and entry forms go to http://www.crossroadsofamericapoultryclub.com

The entry form is now available at the Crosroads thread on BYC at https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=415797&p=1

If you are sending your birds with us, please use the entry form below. Otherwise, use the form from the Crossroads website or from the Crossroads thread. Thanks.

47716_transport_to_crossroads_entry_form.jpg

Last edited:
I'm trying to get things together to go. I was able to get a room at the Marriott for the discount rate on the 28th and 29th, but not the 27th. Guess I'll be sleeping in the car or with the chickens.

Quote:
We could get a rollaway bed in our room for the 27th for you and a sale coop in the showroom for....never mind. Guess Ethan could make a pallet on the floor.

We still have room for 4 more folks to ride with us to Crossroads!

Hey I noticed you guys still have room!

I'm still a pretty new fancier but I am planning on going to the Joint National. Do you guys have room for any more birds? My parents might not be okay with me meeting up with strangers in Arkansas and then road tripping to Indy, but I am still looking for a safer transportation route for my birds.

Sarah

Quote:
Yes, we still ahve room for birds and room for 4 people. Tell your parents that there will be three qualified 4H leaders in the vehicle. that means we have completed the application process to be a 4H leader. Two of the leaders are ladies. I'll send you a PM with our information.

Back
Top Bottom