Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 8:22 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on Today at 6:24 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 8:48 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 2609
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #26082 of 1576311/3/16 at 12:18pmThread Starterpost #26083 of 1576311/3/16 at 12:18pmThread Starterpost #26084 of 1576311/3/16 at 12:18pmThread Starterpost #26085 of 1576311/3/16 at 12:19pmThread Starter
Edited by Sally Sunshine - 1/3/16 at 12:19pmpost #26086 of 1576311/3/16 at 12:20pmThread Starterpost #26087 of 1576311/3/16 at 12:21pmThread Starterpost #26088 of 1576311/3/16 at 12:22pmThread Starterpost #26089 of 1576311/3/16 at 12:25pmThread Starterpost #26090 of 1576311/3/16 at 12:26pmQuote:
Thanks!! I've used that on my garden beds, trying to deal with the fungus that kills my tomato plants. I'll try it in their dust bath areas if I ever see lice.Quote:Originally Posted by Ur-ur-ur-urrr
They are annoying to the chicks, as they're always exposed to the glaring light, not to mention expensive to operate or the fire hazard aspect. If you ever try a heat plate, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it. It's amazing how calm and quiet chicks are with these heaters.
It's funny, I had NEVER heard of the heat mats that everyone talks about on here. I'l definitely see if I can find one of those at one of the local feed stores. I'm sure the chicks would appreciate it!
Thanks for all the great advice!!!Mom to a BEAUTIFUL little girl, 1 dog, 2 cats, LOTS of fish and an ever growing chicken flock. Laying hens - 3 RIR, 3 BSL, 3 EE, 2 Delaware, 2 BR and 1 backyard EE mix. 6 wk old babies - 1 NHR, 1 BO (Maybe a Roo), 1 Dominique, 1 BA, 5 EE girls, and 1 EE boy. Breeding silkies 3 white hens, 1 blue/grey hen, 1 black roo. Tiny chicks too many to count.Mom to a BEAUTIFUL little girl, 1 dog, 2 cats, LOTS of fish and an ever growing chicken flock. Laying hens - 3 RIR, 3 BSL, 3 EE, 2 Delaware, 2 BR and 1 backyard EE mix. 6 wk old babies - 1 NHR, 1 BO (Maybe a Roo), 1 Dominique, 1 BA, 5 EE girls, and 1 EE boy. Breeding silkies 3 white hens, 1 blue/grey hen, 1 black roo. Tiny chicks too many to count.
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Duck foot problem: help appreciated! 1 minute ago
- › What are your chickens names? 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Hello, I need a little help 1 minute ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 1 minute ago
- › Daily (or weekly) Chicken Picture Thread- Post your chicken pics here! 1 minute ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 3 minutes ago
- › Duck Avery 3 minutes ago
- › HELLO FROM VIRGINIA! 3 minutes ago
- › Chickens not laying 4 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Ma Flock
- › Metro Boston
- › Mia HammAndEggs & her sisters
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)