BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Quail › Unusual (to me) looking coturnix quail from mix color breeding
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unusual (to me) looking coturnix quail from mix color breeding - Page 3

post #21 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkau View Post

Tibetan x tibetan gives tibetan.
If the birds are both single factor they will throw tibetan and pharaoh

Agreed. With a SF Tibetan pair, The good old Punnett square projects that 75% would be Tibetan (SF and DF), and the other 25% would/SHOULD be wild type Coturnix.

....of course things don't often come out EXACTLY as expected, but that's part of the fun with genetics.



I have a gouldian pair both spilt for blue. Technically 1 out of 4 chicks SHOULD be visual Blue...40 chicks and I finally got ONE! Not Quail... but genetics nonetheless.
post #22 of 23
Thread Starter 

My unusual looking quail is growing up.  Its yellow face did turn white as I was told it would.  I think it looks like it has a monkey's face

 

-Robin-
Let your life speak for you...it is said, "How you live your life speaks so loudly that others can't hear what you are saying anyway."
Reply
-Robin-
Let your life speak for you...it is said, "How you live your life speaks so loudly that others can't hear what you are saying anyway."
Reply
post #23 of 23

His face does look like a monkeys face lol, he is very cute!

17 pigeons, 15 coturnix quail, 2 roos, 6 hens. Also 5 drakes, a CCL roo that thinks he's a drake, a fat bearded dragon and 2 angora rabbits.

 

Current projects are Cinnamon Legbars (chocolate gold), chocolate/brown pigeons and silver/brown coturnix quail. My next project is a dark chocolate colored chicken with deep red/gold base that lays bright green eggs. Yes, I like the color brown.

Reply

17 pigeons, 15 coturnix quail, 2 roos, 6 hens. Also 5 drakes, a CCL roo that thinks he's a drake, a fat bearded dragon and 2 angora rabbits.

 

Current projects are Cinnamon Legbars (chocolate gold), chocolate/brown pigeons and silver/brown coturnix quail. My next project is a dark chocolate colored chicken with deep red/gold base that lays bright green eggs. Yes, I like the color brown.

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Quail
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Quail › Unusual (to me) looking coturnix quail from mix color breeding