Hi, I raise chickens in the city right now so cannot keep extremely loud birds due to close neighbors but do have one rooster with a no crow collar and it's fine and good. I have been around guineas before but never hatched, brooded nor raised them. I have experience with coturnix quail as well.
1. At what age do the keets/guineas become super noisy?
2. Anyone ever tried no crow collars to reduce noise on adult guineas? It's very humane and does not hurt my rooster; just limits his crow to a city friendly sound level.
3. Can you trim their wings just as you would on chickens and ducks to prevent them flying into trees and out of my yard?
4. Do they ever become personable like some chickens tend to do? As in, do they come up to you for hand outs, let you pick them up...etc? The guineas I was around before were scared of anyone that came near.
5. Guinea poop: Is it similar to chickens in size, consistency and frequency? I had ducks once upon a time and they were messy pooping machines! The chickens, not so bad and it normally hardens up fairly quickly and can be swept or blown off the back porch. The ducks and pigeons I once had, not so much.
Thanks for your time and yea, odd and specific questions, but I'm here to learn!